Qt Creator 3.6.0. Unable to compile bare metal QBS

• Hi Everyone,

I just updated to the new Qt Creator 3.6.0 to test out the new features.

I've been happily using the old Qt Creator with QBS to develop for ARM microcontrollers mixing C++ and C together.
    Unfortunately, my bare metal project stopped working and I can't seem to figure out why is that? It looks like it compiles some files and then gives a strange error about "arm-none-eabi-gcc.out" not being found. Also I'm using windows.

Here is the full error:

compiling app_error.c
    compiling nrf_assert.c
    compiling system_nrf51.c
    compiling nrf_delay.c
    The process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.9 2015q3\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.out' could not be started: Process failed to start: No such file or directory. The full command line invocation was: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.9 2015q3\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.out" -g -O0 -pipe "-fvisibility=default" "-mcpu=cortex-m0" -mthumb "-mabi=aapcs" "-mfloat-abi=soft" "-std=gnu99" -fno-builtin -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -DDEBUG -DNRF51 -DBOARD_BLE400 -DBSP_DEFINES_ONLY "-DBUILD_NUM=0001" "-DBOARD_REV=1" -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/nrf_blinky_example -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/nrf_blinky_example/config -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/nrf_blinky_example/drivers -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/examples/bsp -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/external/freertos/config -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/external/freertos/portable/GCC/nrf51 -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/external/freertos/portable/CMSIS/nrf51 -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/external/freertos/source/include -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/device -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/config -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/hal -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/common -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/nrf_soc_nosd -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/clock -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/uart -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/timer -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/ppi -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/gpiote -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/rng -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/rtc -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/spi_master -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/spi_slave -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/twi_master -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/wdt -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/drivers_nrf/delay -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/util -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/uart -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/fifo -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/pwm -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/twi -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/toolchain -IC:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/toolchain/gcc -c C:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/sdk_10/components/libraries/util/app_error.c -o C:/Users/Raivis/qt_projects/nrf_blinky_example/_build/debug/qtc_nrf51822_1a2d8d44-debug/blinky.qtc-nrf51822-1a2d8d44.91c868bf/.obj/d9de18dd6e33ff28/app_error.c.o
    The following products could not be built for configuration qtc_nrf51822_1a2d8d44-debug:
    	blinky
    Error while building/deploying project blinky_template (kit: nrf51822)
    When executing step "Qbs Build"

I'm honestly at the moment out of ideas what to do :) Any help would be appreciated thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Since it got out today, i'd recommend trying to talk to the Qt Creator folks on IRC or the Qt Creator mailing list

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.