Qt+openstreetmap

• Hello All

I want to work with maps, i have experience in qt c++, found openstreetmap and download with this tool downloadosmtiles.pl map in png format. My question is, How to work with map, coordinates,zoom level and how could i add to map coordinates from gps antenna and what i must know to work with maps?

Regards,
    Jasur from
    Tashkent

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Why not use the Qt Location module ?

• Hi, @Jasur!

It is also possible to use third-party solutions.

From your question it is not clear how you want to receive GIS data: locally or on the network?

OpenStreetMap is a good project, which can be used as a service. I think that you would be useful to learn about the protocols WMS and WFS.

There is a project osgEarth that supports these protocols.

I'm developing a project osgQtQuick, which is under construction, but already can download and show OpenStreetMap data for Qt Quick application from QML script. See the example code.

If interested, ask more questions.

• Hello All

Thank you for your reply. I want to use GIS data locally. About QML i can not use it, because we are two developers on c++, and my partner would not learn QML. Why we want use locally, because the internet too slow, it easier to download map and second there is cannot be internet in some places. Any ideas how to work locally with maps?

P.S Sorry that i am writing too late.

Regards,
    Jasur from
    Tashkent

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.