about QSpinBox, how to make it emit editingFinished signal when click the "up/down" arrow button ??

• about QSpinBox, how to make it emit editingFinished signal when click the "up/down" arrow button?
    i do want to emit editingFinished signal when edit text, but when i use editingFinished when click the "up/down" arrow button the effect is not what i want...
    i do want this effect:

1. emit editingFinished signal when edit text.
    2. emit valueChanged signal when click the "up/down" arrow button.

• @opengpu2
    You can refer this to emit valueChanged signal.
    editingFinished() happens when the spinbox loses focus and when enter is pressed.

• @Ratzz i know, but i want the effect like this: when i use the single & slot, the signal is emitted when :

1. when editting, it emit when editingFinished;
    2. when click the "up/down" arrow button, it emit when valueChanged;

• anyone help?

• Moderators

You can connect valueChanged() signal with editingFinished() signal, that's all.

• As told by Jsulm as well and you can do the following.

QObject::connect(spinBox,SIGNAL(valueChanged(int)),spinBox,SIGNAL(editFinished()));

• Moderators

use this to determine if the user pressed the up or down buttons:

void MySpinBox::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent* event)
    {
         QSpinBox::mousePressEvent(event);

QStyleOptionSpinBox opt;
        this->initStyleOption(&opt);

if( this->style()->subControlRect(QStyle::CC_SpinBox, &opt, QStyle::SC_SpinBoxUp).contains(event->pos()) )
            // UP BUTTON PRESSED
        else if( this->style()->subControlRect(QStyle::CC_SpinBox, &opt, QStyle::SC_SpinBoxDown).contains(event->pos()) )
            //DOWN BUTTON PRESSED
    }

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.