QX11EmbedContainer::clientClosed() in Qt5?

• I have been working on a X11 system tray (current code here) which uses the XEmbed protocol to embed tray application into the system tray. I have used QWindow::fromWinId() as noted here as the Qt5 replacement for QX11EmbedContainer, but I'm now at a bit of a loss on how to detect when the client application disconnects from the embedding. (Which causes my system tray to fill up with empty widgets.) QX11EmbedContainer had a signal clientClosed() which appears to be what I need, but I couldn't find any way to do this with QWindow. Any suggestions on what to do here?

• Moderators

Hi @spillerrec,

Unfortunately, I don't think the QWindow::fromWinId() solution contains all the features from QX11EmbedContainer. I suggest you subscribe to the Interest mailing list and post there to talk directly to Qt engineers -- perhaps they might have a solution I haven't thought of, or you could request this feature from them.

• You need to pull in xcb and watch for unmap notify events, and act accordingly.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.