db.setHostName("localhost");
      db.setDatabaseName("test");
      db.setUserName("root");
      db.setPassword("XXXXXXXXX");

Q_ASSERT( db.open() );

QSqlQuery query;

Q_ASSERT( query.exec("CREATE TABLE test ( datetime datetime )") );
      Q_ASSERT( query.exec("INSERT INTO test VALUES ( NOW() )") );

Q_ASSERT( query.exec("SELECT * FROM test WHERE datetime != '1990/1/1 0:0:0'") );
      qDebug() << query.size();                                                                                                                                                 
      query.clear();                                                                                                                                                            

Q_ASSERT( query.prepare("SELECT * FROM test WHERE datetime != :start") );                                                                                                 
      query.bindValue("start", "1990/1/1 0:0:0");                                                                                                                               
      Q_ASSERT( query.exec() );                                                                                                                                                 
      query.clear();                                                                                                                                                            

query.bindValue("start", QDateTime(QDate(1990,1,1), QTime(0,0,0)));                                                                                                       
      query.clear();

Q_ASSERT( query.exec("DROP TABLE test") );

return 0;
    }

The code just

1. Creates a table
    2. Inserts one row
    3. Tries to retrieve that row comparing its content with a date/time obviously different to the one the row contains, in three ways:
      • Comparing the date/time with an inline string
      • Comparing the date/time with a bound string
      • Comparing the date/time with a bound QDateTime

Compiling and running for Qt4:

20:43:37 ~$ g++ -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -lQtCore -lQtSql sql.cpp && ./a.out 

Compiling and running for Qt5:

20:44:29 ~$ g++ -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/include/qt/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt/QtSql -lQt5Core -lQt5Sql sql.cpp && ./a.out 

For some reason, every time I compare a date/time with a bound parameter, the query returns no results.

Is this an error in the QMYSQL driver that somehow went past Qt's test suites? Is this PEBCAK?

For the record:

• System: Archlinux
    • Qt4 version: 4.8.7
    • Qt5 version: 5.5.1
    • MariaDB version: 10.0.22

• More info: these two variations work well both in Qt4 and Qt5

query.bindValue(0, QDateTime(QDate(1990,1,1), QTime(0,0,0)));
      query.clear();

Q_ASSERT( query.prepare("SELECT * FROM test WHERE datetime != ?") );
      query.addBindValue(QDateTime(QDate(1990,1,1), QTime(0,0,0)));
      query.clear();

• Okay, found the problem: this

query3.bindValue("start", "1990/1/1 0:0:0");

needs to be changed to

query3.bindValue(":start", "1990/1/1 0:0:0");

That works in both Qt4 and Qt5. This is actually consistent with the documentacion of both Qt4 and Qt5

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qsqlquery.html#bindValue
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qsqlquery.html#bindValue

Note that the placeholder mark (e.g :) must be included when specifying the placeholder name.

But looks like Qt5 enforces the restriction while Qt4 doesn't.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.