Can't establish connection with Enginio Data Storage on other machines

• I want to create an application for Windows which uploads and downloads some file from/to EDS. It works fine when I'm running this application on my own machine where I have my Qt (even not from Qt). When I'm running my application from other Windows machine, it doesn't report any problems, but any EnginioClient function which requires connection to EDS is always failed. I have tried to put some .dll in the same directory with my application, but it doesn't help.
    What .dll am I really need to put together with my application? Or is there another way to solve the problem?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You need to follow the Windows deployment guide or this fine wiki entry

Also ensure that you have the network plugins deployed. You can also use windeployqt to help deploy the right dependencies.

• @SGaist, thank you very much for your help!
    The problem was in that another computer didn't have OpenSSL.
    I added .dll from OpenSSL-Win32 folder together with my application .exe-file, and now it works.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tool" button so other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.