Control a Rasberry Pi by a Mobile.

• Hello.

I'm looking for a way to control a water level sensor and supervise a electrical energy input with a smartphone using Qt.

I choose rasberry pi (although I didn't investigate arduino case yet) as intermediary, and I seek out that I should use Qt(Qt Quick too) with Rasberry to make a beatiful application easily.

But, What technologie I should use to control the rasberry remotely as IoT?.

I'm investigating WebIOPi where I can control rasberry pi by REST API but not sure if I can integrate a UI created by Qt in it. I looked in http://webiopi.trouch.com/ but dont understand it at all. Would you like to suggest something?

WiringPi?
    Qt Mobile?

Thank You

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Something's not exactly clear: are you asking whether you can make REST calls from Qt to write your smartphone app ? If so yes, without problem using QNetworkAccessManager

• How to implement WebIOPI using Qt?

In webIoPI use Javascript/HTML to make a page and Python scripts as backends.

Is there another option to control rasberry pi with a smartphone using Qt?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

That's the idea: WebIOPI is running on the Pi and your Qt application talks to it through the REST service.

• @SGaist I got it, As a mention I'll make some tutorial to these process beacuse in the Web is very difficult to search something good.

Thank You SGaist

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.