Non-static data member warnings [SOLVED]

• hello,

I'm running into an abundant amount of non-static warnings for the way I'm setting up my layouts and buttons. The Project still works fine warnings and all.

class Calibration : public QObject
    {
        Q_OBJECT
    public:
        explicit Calibration(QObject *parent = 0);

public:
        QHBoxLayout *MainLayout = new QHBoxLayout;
        QTableWidget *table = new QTableWidget;
        QHBoxLayout *TableLayout = new QHBoxLayout;
        QVBoxLayout *buttonlayout= new QVBoxLayout;

QPushButton *CalPA = new QPushButton("Save Cal");
        QPushButton *GetPA = new QPushButton("Get Cal");
        QPushButton *SaveFile = new QPushButton("Save to File");
        QPushButton *GetFile = new QPushButton("Recall File");

private:
        QStringList m2_TableHeader;

signals:

public slots:

};

if I change everything to

QHBoxLayout *MainLayout;
        QTableWidget *table;
        QHBoxLayout *TableLayout;
        QVBoxLayout *buttonlayout;

QPushButton *CalPA;
        QPushButton *GetPA;
        QPushButton *SaveFile;
        QPushButton *GetFile ;

this makes the warnings go away but the program crashes. I know the issue is I'm declaring them publicly but I need to use them in a separate class so I don't think I can do so while declaring them privately. Should I be concerned, what should I change to fix this?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That's because you're trying to do in-class initialization without C++11 activated. Since you don't seem to use C++11 you must move them in the constructor.

• If I move them in the constructor they become static and I can't use them in my other class. The issue with that is I declare the buttons public in the header and then lay them out and show them In a separate class constructor(to make the code a little more readable). Would it be in bad taste just to leave it the way it is even if it works? Do you know of a solution where I can declare them in one constructor and use them in a completely different constructor?

• I solved my issue. Here is the Code:

.h file

public:

QVBoxLayout *buttonlayout;
        QPushButton *CalPA;
        QPushButton *GetPA;
        QPushButton *SaveFile;
        QPushButton *GetFile;

.ccp file

buttonlayout= new QVBoxLayout;
        CalPA = new QPushButton("Save Cal");
        GetPA = new QPushButton("Get Cal");
        SaveFile = new QPushButton("Save to File");
        GetFile = new QPushButton("Recall File");

Works, no warnings no crashes.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Something sounds fishy: why are you trying to access these members from other widgets ?

• What I actually wanted was to create and populate a tab in a UI in a separate class. then connect those buttons and what not with code in the MainWindow class. But I actually decided to move most of the initialization back over to the Mainwindow, because of issues with it correctly updating information.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@koahnig double check your settings, the mailing option should be there to configure it.

• Moderators

@SGaist
    Apparently landed in the wrong place.
    Anyway, I am typically simply checking stuff with the Alarm bell symbol in the top row.
    All mailings do not help at all, because for sure I am not checking those or only occassionally at most.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The notifications bell doesn't seem to always return the data corresponding to the number it shows

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.