[solved]QML element scope

• I have a QML element in main.qml. And the it has children elements and each children elements has it children elements. My question is:

1. Can grand children use its grand parents id to call its properties or send signal by connection?
    2. Can grand parent use its grand children id to call its properties or send signal by connection?
    3. Can any grand children communicate each other by use its id to call its properties or send signal by connection?

any example for each case?

• Yes this is possible. I think the only thing that is restricted to siblings or immediate parent/child relationships are anchors - and this is only for performance reasons.

• Is this true for multiple QML files project?

• Items in external component files are limited in scope to their own file. If you wish to expose properties of internal items in a component then you need to define alias properties in the top-level item of the component. See this "article":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/QML_Progress_Spinner for an example.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.