[SOLVED] error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• I am using Qt5.5 . In my project i am using Qled as a custom widget. my project is working fine with Qled in windows and linux. I am using Qt Installer Framework for creating installer in linux . The final output from the Qt Installer Framework dos not run on double click when i run from the terminal i get error.

error while loading shared libraries: libqledplugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So i found out that adding libqledplugin.so to the path /usr/local/lib works fine. I wanted to know is there other method to solve this error? Even if i place the .so file in the same folder as the output doesn't work . Should i add path to the .pro file? If so how to do it ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

See this article about using path for that

• @SGaist
    Thanks for the reply
    Your link helped me.
    I just added QMAKE_LFLAGS += -Wl,-rpath,"'$$ORIGIN'" to my .pro file and it takes .so file from the same directory

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.