connect multiple no-arg signals to slot carrying enum information

• I want to connect multiple QPushButton::release() signals to what is basically the same or a very similar slot. They are all intended to start a calculation carrying information about what exactly should be done. This is represented as an enum in my application as i.e. enum { CALC_3D, CALC_TEX, CALC_3DTEX }. How can I achieve this without duplicating code or generating 3 helper slots which thus far still seems like the best solution.
    I know that a QSignalMapper could do this but I'm not in love with mapping QPushButton's this pointers, strings or integers that later are converted to enum values. I.e. if I chance the order or naming of my enum values, this method will break and I won't notice before runtime.
    Is there any best practice for this? Can I for example already map the signal in a reasonable way?

• Moderators

You can use lambdas:

connect(button1, &QPushButton::released, [=]{ someObject->someSlot(EnumValue1); });
    connect(button2, &QPushButton::released, [=]{ someObject->someSlot(EnumValue2); });

Btw. it's more usual to connect to clicked signal and not released when it comes to buttons.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.