Do I need to have enterprise Visual Studio 2013 to debug the QML project in Qt creator?

• Hi,

I am pretty new to Qt and Qt Quick. I have installed Android develop kit and purchsed the Qt license for Android/ios. I want to debug my Qt Quick code in Qt Creator, but the IDE gives me an error of

"The slave debugging engine required for combined QML/C++ Debugging could not be created, Unknown debugger type "No engine" Unable to create a debugger engine of the type"QML C++ engine"".

I have Qt Creator 3.5.0 (enterprise), with Qt 5.5.0 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit). I have Visual Studio 2012 professional installed and Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web installed. Do I need to get a professional license for Visual Studio 2013?

Many thanks,

Wei

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

No there's no need for the Enterprise Edition of Visual Studio 2013. However you wrote that you have Visual Studio 2012, is that a typo ? If not, then you either have to install VS2013, or download the VS2012 Qt build. On Windows, you can't mix compilers, they are not compatible one with the other.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.