Source build of 32 bit Qt 5.5 on Mac os 10.7 causes error: use of unknown builtin '__builtin_bswap16' in endian_inl.h

• I'm trying to build Qt 5.5 commercial from source because I need to use some 32 bit frameworks. So I compiled on 10.7 with XCode 4.6.3 and the OS 10.8 SDK using the following command line:

make -platform macx-clang-32

However I get an error as follows:

../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/utils/./endian_inl.h:51:10: error: use of unknown builtin '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    return __builtin_bswap16(x);
    ^

Here is the full output:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -c -pipe -arch i386 -g -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -Wall -W -fPIC -DQT_NO_MTDEV -DQT_NO_LIBUDEV -DQT_NO_EVDEV -DQT_NO_TSLIB -DQT_NO_LIBINPUT -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/enc -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/dsp -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/mux -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/utils -I../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/webp -I/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtbase/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers -I/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtbase/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers -I.moc/debug -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers -I/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtbase/mkspecs/macx-clang-32 -F/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtbase/lib -o .obj/debug/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtimageformats/src/3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec/tree.o ../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec/tree.c
    In file included from ../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec/tree.c:15:
    In file included from ../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec/../utils/bit_reader_inl.h:29:
    ../../../3rdparty/libwebp/src/utils/./endian_inl.h:51:10: error: use of unknown builtin '__builtin_bswap16' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    return __builtin_bswap16(x);
    ^
    1 error generated.
    make[6]: *** [.obj/debug/Users/will/Qt/5.5/Src/qtimageformats/src/3rdparty/libwebp/src/dec/tree.o] Error 1
    make[5]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
    make[4]: *** [sub-webp-make_first] Error 2
    make[3]: *** [sub-imageformats-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [sub-plugins-make_first] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make: *** [module-qtimageformats-make_first] Error 2

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Looks like chromium hit something similar with webp. You should go to the bug report system and check wether it's something know, if not please consider opening a new report

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.