Robust Game Launcher
I'm developing a game launcher. My requirements are as follows:
- Fully custom graphical GUI, including custom window frame and controls. Only 2D sprites with alpha channel are needed.
- It must look and work identical on Windows, Linux and Macintosh.
- It must support some kind of P2P protocol (preferably BitTorrent), so that it can handle game updates and self updates without much main sever bandwidth strain.
- It must be able to update itself and update the game.
- I would like to have access to both TCP and UDP protocols.
Can Qt do it? I thought also about Adobe AIR and Java.
Can Qt do it?
A notable example is EA Origin client app that does basically everything you listed.