Please nominate your Qt Champions for 2021!

What is this object called? (I'm getting the hang of it)

  • There is an object that I want to style with QSS but I don't know what it's called. Here is a screenshot:
    It's a border that connects to the selected tab, but overlaps the ones in the background. When I style just the selected tab with QTabBar::tab:selected this border remains unstyled. It also isn't just the bottom border of QTabBar, I tried that.

    Maybe someone can also tell me how to style this border, specifically? I think it could be part of QTabBar, maybe? Thanks you.

  • Moderators

    @Pro-Grammer That is I guess pane and customized as

    QTabWidget::pane { /* The tab widget frame */
        border-top: 2px solid #C2C7CB;

    as said here.

  • @p3c0 Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. Maybe because it's not really a QTabWidget, but actually a QTableView with tabs for it on top.

  • Moderators

    @Pro-Grammer Do you have the code ? It should be clear then.

  • @p3c0 Unfortunately it's a bigger project and I'm just here to style it because I know CSS. The others aren't involved in the Styles, so it has been a bit awkward to talk to each other. But would it be easy to look it up in their code myself without knowing much about Qt yet?

  • Lifetime Qt Champion

    well, if you have the project file(s)
    and they do use UI files under the Forms folder,
    then yes you should be able to find out what object type it is by simply open it and click around.

    If they generate the gui from code, then you need to be able to read c++ at least to find the right object.

Log in to reply