drag and drop in Qt4

• I'm using Qt4.8.5 on ARM. There is a drag and drop effect.
    The problem is, AFTER the dropping, an icon often shows up. It's one circle with a back-slash in it. The icon usually means no, right? But in drag and drop, isn't it supposed to be gone AFTER the drop? Why it's still there? And how do I make it go away?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Yes it should. Might be a bug. Are you using QWS ?

• @SGaist Yes, it's qws.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you check if it's still the case with Qt 4.8.7 ?

• @SGaist You mean Qt4.8.6, the latest of Qt4, right?
    Well, the Qt4.8.5 I talked about, it was compiled by atmel, not myself. The thing is, atmel managed to combine the Qt libraries into the cross-compiler. I've no idea how they did it or the connections between them. And, let's just say I'm not familiar with Qt core things or anywhere near it. So after I simply replaced the Qt libraries and the fonts, I tried to compile the app I wrote. It didn't work. It said a symbol link in the cross-compiler directory, ld, couldn't find something(sorry, I forgot).
    But I do manage to try Qt4.8.6 using another cross-compiler without so much atmel drama, the Qt libraries is isolated. The drag-drop works fine, no that icon I've talked about is shown.
    But given the atmel part that I don't understand, I can't be 100% certain that it's Qt's bug. But atmel's FAE did say they wouldn't have so many people to change Qt or something.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.