QAccessible unusably slow

• Hi,

I am encountering a severe issue in our application using Qt 5.42 on Windows.

As soon as a touch enabled device is attached and the Tablet-PC-Service is running on Windows, the QAccessible becomes active and causes massive performance issues like having to wait for about 30 seconds when clicking on an treeview item.
    I have attached Vtune to figure out where the time is spend and it showed that about 16 seconds were spend in QAccessible::uniqueId, which was called about 94k times and another 18 seconds were spend in QHashData::nextNode, which was called by QAccessible::uniqueId and was called about 1.4 billion times.

Disabling the Tablet-PC-Service and therefore disabling QAccessible fixed this slowdown but of course it not something we can do. So is there a way in Qt do disable the QAccessible stuff in our application?

Kind regards
    Michael

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Since it looks like a bug, I'd recommend bringing this to the interest mailing list. You should also have a look at the bug report system

• @SGaist Ok, thanks, I will do so.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

If there's a bug report related to that matter, don't forget to share it here so others will be able to find it more easily

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.