Qt Mobility For n900 (maemo)

• Hello all,

I'm trying to program a video recorder for the nokia n900 phone, however I'm running into some problems. The following code I can get to compile and run on the simulator, but when I switch environments to the maemo device, the libraries Qcamera, and QCameraViewFinder arn't recognized, and I get errors such as "QCamera no such file or directory".

I'm not sure why this should be happening, as all I'm changing is the build environment (even before I compile, the green underlines to indicate a problem appear for Qcamera and QCameraViewFinder). I would assume then that it's an issue with the build environments linking???

On another note, I am using QT Mobility 1.1.1, and the phone only supports 1.0.2, but again these problems are appearing even before I compile.

Here is my code:

.pro

@QT += core gui

TARGET = TestProject
    TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    mainwindow.cpp

HEADERS += mainwindow.h

FORMS += mainwindow.ui

CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += systeminfo
    multimedia

QT += maemo5

symbian {
    TARGET.UID3 = 0xec63c307
    # TARGET.CAPABILITY +=
    TARGET.EPOCSTACKSIZE = 0x14000
    TARGET.EPOCHEAPSIZE = 0x020000 0x800000
    }

unix:!symbian {
    maemo5 {
    target.path = /opt/usr/bin
    } else {
    target.path = /usr/local/bin
    }
    INSTALLS += target
    }@

main:

@#include <QApplication>
    #include <QLabel>
    #include <QSystemInfo> //(1)
    #include <QVideoWidget>
    #include <Qcamera>
    #include <QtMultimedia/QtMultimedia>
    #include <QCameraViewfinder>
    #include <QVideoWidget>
    #include <mainwindow.h>
    #include <ui_mainwindow.h>
    #include <QMediaRecorder>

QTM_USE_NAMESPACE //(2)

int main(int argc, char argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    MainWindow mainWindow;
    QCamera
    camera = new QCamera;

// get a convenience ptr to ui
    Ui::MainWindow* ui = mainWindow.GetUi();
    QWidget* viewFinderWidget = new QWidget(ui->viewFinderDisplay);
    QMediaRecorder* mediaRecorder = new QMediaRecorder(camera,viewFinderWidget);

// set the camera viewfinder to our viewfinder
    QCameraViewfinder* viewFinder = new QCameraViewfinder(viewFinderWidget);
    camera->setViewfinder(viewFinder);

// test label
    QLabel* whatevs = new QLabel(viewFinderWidget);
    whatevs->setText("whatevs");

//camera->setCaptureMode(QCamera::CaptureVideo);
    camera->start();
    mediaRecorder->record();

mainWindow.show();
    return app.exec();

}@

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm basically pulling my hair out at this point.

• can you copy paste the console out put. Also which is your existing build environment and SDK version for which it compile properly.

• According to the docs at:
    http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/04/qt-sdk-1-1-released/

Only Qt Mobility 1.0.2 is supported on the SDK for Maemo 5, but those camera classes are introduced in 1.1 (if I remember correctly).

One solution is to use the Scratchbox and install all the needed packages manually.
    Probably you can just install Qt Mobility 1.1.* packages with the SDK using some hacks too??

• We have already on the repositories experimental versions of qt mobility 1.1 and 1.2. Haven't tested them myself but they are there.

• I had same problems when trying to use mobility with maemo target. My n900 has the newest mobility packages installed but maemo simulator doesn't know about that I suppose. When I switched target to symbian simulator it compiled.

• It is possible to update the "libraries" on qt creator but it is unsupported and hard to do.
    You best bet is to use a linux box with scratchbox to compile the application.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.