Qt Designer - Global Stylesheet

• Hello, I have created an app and I read several places that Qt Designer supports global stylesheets instead of making the stylesheet on each object.
    My problem is that I cannot get this to work.
    For example if i call a QPushButton that is inside a QFrame, it doesn't add the styling.
    QFrame{ border: 0px solid black; border-radius: 10px; background: rgb(127, 127, 127); } QPushButton{ top: 200px; background: pink; }
    The biggest reason I would like this to work, is because else I am not able to create my program like I want it. I want to when I hover a button, that another button changes color.
    Like this:
    QPushButton#Achievement:hover + QPushButton#Achievement2{ background: rgb(232, 232, 232); color: rgb(104, 104, 104); }

But this clearly doesn't work too, as I cannot call any other objects inside the stylesheets for a specific object.

So where do I find the global stylesheet so I can make the above hover work?

• Moderators

You can set the stylesheet for the whole application like using setStyleSheet().

If you set the style sheet for one widget, it will be automatically applied to all it's children.

• @sierdzio
    As the title said, this is with QT Designer,
    How do i call the setStyleSheet within QT Designer?

• Moderators

@uruloke said:

How do i call the setStyleSheet within QT Designer?

You can't, as far as I am aware. But your code will later be used in an application, right? And there you can set the stylesheet using setStyleSheet().

• @sierdzio
    Well yes ofc, It will later be used with Python.
    Just annoying to test my code out if I cannot do all the things in one place...

But how do I use the set StyleSheet() with python? just to be sure how to use it correctly.

• Moderators

I think the API for PyQt and other ports is the same as for Qt itself. Just check out the documentation for QWidget's setStyleSheet() and QApplication's setStyleSheet()

• @sierdzio
    Thank you, that acutally works.
    Now I just have to port my whole program into python instead of in Pyqt designer...

• @uruloke

hey there,
    you can create a "dummy" widget in Designer, add stylesheet to it in designer, then use this widget stylesheet in the code like this to have a clean 1 line setStyleSheet()

// App Stylesheet (hack so I can type stylesheet in designer instead of source code)
    Z_StyleSheet styleSheetDummy;
    app.setStyleSheet(styleSheetDummy.styleSheet());

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.