Control a QMainWindow remotely

• Hello,

I want to send mouse/keyboard input to a QMainWindow from another application (combination of WinAPI PostMessage() and QApplication::postEvent).
    So far it's possible to click buttons, but a QLineEdit for example will gain focus only if the QMainWindow is the "active" window.
    So I have to do something likeif(event->type() == QEvent::WindowDeactivate) activateWindow();.
    Surprisingly, this seems to work. Even if a fullscreen application (which should control the QMainWindow) is above the QMainWindow, it's not disturbed.
    But this approach fails as soon as the QMainWindow opens a dialog. Then, QMainWindow and the dialog "fight" for their active window status. But anyway I'd prefer a more "clean" way.
    Also, the widgets don't react as soon as the QMainWindow is minimized.

So I'm looking for a way to overcome those limitations.
    Is there a way to tell Qt to process everything as usual if the QMainWindow is not active or even minimized?
    Do I have to modify the source for that? Does anyone know more?

What I know is that the QMainWindow application receives the events at least (checked with event filter on QApplication level) but I guess the widgets discard them due to window not active or minimized.

Thank you very much!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.