Basic question about prebuilt installer files

• VERY basic question: why not install OpenCV with the prebuilt files for windows and a qt installation: link the two with the pro file. Most people it seems make (or cmake) their own libraries through a more complex scenario. This seems to be a pattern for i most platform installations. So they have one windows prebuilt directory and a new build. Why not use the prebuilt installation?

Thx

• @Technologist said:

VERY basic question: why not install OpenCV with the prebuilt files for windows and a qt installation

Sorry but I don't understand.
    DO you want OpenCV distributed with Qt inside? Or Qt distributed with OpenCV??

In both cases makes no sense for me; they can be used together but are different products.

• The product would be machine vision module(s) controlled by QT interface. Would display vision output through qt windows etc.

• I understood this about your product.

But Qt is used to build also very different kind of product; and also OpenCV is used in many products not using Qt

• Sorry I'm not sure what you are saying exactly --

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.