How to use Intel compiler in Qt Creator on Windows machines?

• I do not see how to add Intel Compiler to work with it in Qt Creator on Windows! No way?

As I know Intel compiler was designed to be totally compatible with Visual C (but better). So there should be nothing against using it as simple replacement of Visual C for good.

And yes, I understand that Qt libs need to be build with Intel Compiler ... but as soon as I do not see the way Intel Compiler can be added to Qt Creator there is no sense to build Qt libs.

And again ... UNDER WINDOWS!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

HI and welcome to devnet,

I haven't tried it yet but you probably need to change the mkspec to use win32-icc

Hope it helps

• @SGaist
    Thanks for response!

I do not see the connection with the question. It was about Qt Creator ... not about building Qt libs.

Without ability to add new compiler in Qt Creator I see no way to use Qt libs which were build with this new compiler.

So is this a real Qt Creator inability to use VisualC-like compiler or I missed something?

• Moderators

Have you looked at adding custom compilers?

• @Chris-Kawa
    Yep ... but I am not sure how to use it.
    Here I see ability to set folders for h-files. But what about folders for lib-files and exe-tools???
    Very strange interface !

• Moderators

I don't know ICC that well but I assume that, like other compilers, it uses environment variables for such purposes?
    If so then after adding a compiler you need to add the Qt you compiled with ICC and create a kit.
    When creating a kit you can specify environment variables so I guess you can set stuff like LIBRARY_PATH there. For the accurate names of the variables consult ICC documentation. I don't know it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.