Qt 5.4 / Win 8.1 / QPrinter always uses PageRect of Standard Printer

• Hi !
    I came across this as a difference between OSX / WIndows...
    I tried to print labels on a Dymo Labelwriter 450 (but the Bug "works" with every Printer i then tried including virtual ones like PDF/XPS writers).

On OSX i enter the Print Configuration Dialog, set my "label type" which is some 89mm x 28mm big, then i print and OKAY !
    On Windows i did the same but the printout was just showing the enlarged top left corner of the Graphics to be printed.
    When debugging i detected that the PageRect was equal to A4 size (?!?!). After some playing around i realized that it always returns the PageRect of the Printer that is set to be the Standard Printer (which was an A4 Laser Printer in my case) although i clearly selected the Dymo & the correct label type.
    (So if i set the Dymo as Standard Printer and set the correct label type / Orientation in the default print settings everything is fine but of course this is just a workaround)

Did anyone come across this problem yet ?
    In other words: HEEEELLLLPPPP :-)

Thanks for any help on this !

Greetings,

Nils

P.S. here is a code sniplet showing what i am doing (wrong ??):

QPrinter * _printer = new QPrinter(QPrinter::HighResolution);
    _printer->setFullPage(false);
    _printer->setOrientation(QPrinter::Landscape);
    _printer->setNumCopies(1);
    QPrintDialog thepD(_printer);
    if(thepD.exec() == QDialog::Accepted )
    {
    	QRect pr(_printer->paperRect());
    	QRect rr(_printer->pageRect());
    	// both QRects contain values for the Windows System Standard printer, NOT for the one chosen
    	// in the QPrintDialog above ?!?
    }

• @nils_heidorn said:

thePR

Where is defined??

• @mcosta :

Hello & sorry !
    That was a mistake when i gathered the small code sniplet, i edited the code to be correct now !
    Excuse me, that got nothing to do with the problem :-)

Nils

• On Windows and OSX QPrintDialog opens the native dialogs.

Standard printing (from Notepad for example) works properly?

• @mcosta :
    Hello !
    Yes, Standarp Printing is okay, so the Paperformat is fine if i select a printer with drastically different PageRect from the Standard Printer (e.g. with the Dymo or just use the Microsoft XPS Writer and select a very small format).

Greetings,

Nils

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.