[SOLVED]MAR gcc very old version

• I have project that based on qt 5.4.1.
    I have server side part that I want to do via Qt MAR Cloud Service.
    First problem that I have - very old version of gcc in MAR server - 4.4.3. Client side part of my project use C++11 standard, and also exist common lib that using in both parts, therefore server side cannot be compiled.
    Is exist plans in increasing gcc version?

The second problem, I don't understand, is exist way in setting qmake arguments?

Thank you for attention!

• cid:52:privileges:purge

@Milovidov said:

First problem that I have - very old version of gcc in MAR server - 4.4.3. Client side part of my project use C++11 standard, and also exist common lib that using in both parts, therefore server side cannot be compiled.
    Is exist plans in increasing gcc version?

MAR will get a newer stack in the upcoming weeks. Current stack is based on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and the upcoming stack will be based on Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty). Trusty has GCC 4.8, maybe it's new enough?

The second problem, I don't understand, is exist way in setting qmake arguments?

Qmake arguments can be set via QMAKE_ARGS environment variable.

• @jakolehm said:

MAR will get a newer stack in the upcoming weeks. Current stack is based on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and the upcoming stack will be based on Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty). Trusty has GCC 4.8, maybe it's new enough?

Of course, gcc 4.8 is enough!

@jakolehm said:

Qmake arguments can be set via QMAKE_ARGS environment variable.

Where I can set this variable?

• cid:52:privileges:purge

Environment variables can be set from web console (app instance -> environment tab) or through cli:
    qtc-cli mar envs:set QMAKE_ARGS=foo

• Ok, thank you!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.