Qt SDK only have dll ? if i want to use the static lib, do i have to compile Qt all by myself?

• Qt SDK only have dll ? if i want to use the static lib, do i have to compile Qt all by myself?
    And if so, i want to add all the Qt code into my VistualStudio solution and then I can easily build the Qt into dynamic Dll or static Lib.
    Is this possible? and is there any tutorial on this?
    I donot remember clearly now, if it should use "nmake" ect in VisualStudio cmd...is there any way to just simply compile the Qt in VisualStudio (such as normal dll/lib project), which may need set the arguments directly in VisualStudio Properties settings.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //dear SGaist
    //as i still can't Post reply, i temprarily reply here...
    i just want to make it easy for PC which doesnot install Qt SDK to build the whole VS solution.
    So i want to donot install the Qt SDK&Qt-Vs-Addin.
    That's why i want to add the Qt itself in to the VisualStudio solution as a project, and build into dynamic Dll or static Lib in VS easily, then other project in that solution can use the dll/lib.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Yes you do have to build it yourself and also beware of the licensing issues that comes with a static build.

You want to build the complete Qt framework as part of your project ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.