Connect to QBluetoothSocket::error signal using new style connect

• I ran into a compile error when trying to connect to QBluetoothSocket::error using connect new style (function pointers):
    @
    connect(socket, &QBluetoothSocket::error, this, &QBluetoothCommunicator::socketError);
    @

My class is called QBluetoothCommunicator and has a slot with the following signature:
    @
    void socketError(QBluetoothSocket::SocketError error);
    @

GCC (4.9) is giving me the following errors when compiling:
    @
    QBluetoothCommunicator.cpp:170:96: error: no matching function for call to 'QBluetoothCommunicator::connect(QBluetoothSocket*&, <unresolved overloaded function type>, QBluetoothCommunicator*, void (QBluetoothCommunicator::*)(QBluetoothSocket::SocketError))' connect(socket, &QBluetoothSocket::error, this, &QBluetoothCommunicator::socketError);
    @

It seems that the error is caused by the fact that QBluetoothSocket has a method called error also, which can be used to fetch an error:
    @
    [...]
    SocketError error() const;

QSIGNALS:
    void error(QBluetoothSocket::SocketError error);
    [...]
    @

When using the old style connect, there is no problem.
    @
    connect(socket, SIGNAL(error(QBluetoothSocket::SocketError)), this, SLOT(socketError(QBluetoothSocket::SocketError)));
    @

Am I overlooking something?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

QBluetoothSocket has more than one function called error. You need to tell which overload you are using.

You have an example "here":http://qt-project.org/wiki/New_Signal_Slot_Syntax

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.