Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Installing Qt on Linux CentOS 5.4 or 5.5
I am not able to install Qt SDK 1.1 beta on my Linux CentOS 5.5.It says it does not have the required GLIB..below is the message i was informed
[root@localhost mnt]# ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run
./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run)..
where can I get that GLIBCXX_3.4.9 and how to install it ?? can somebody shed light on this ??
secretNinja last edited by
Which version is your gcc?
gcc is 4.1.2..
Guest last edited by
Same here on RHEL5.2. It's a documented bug, and the link is... this one (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-16383 ). Reason for that behavior is found here (i think) (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-381 ).
As i'm working day & night with Qt, what I did was:
- download "qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2.tar.gz"
- follow instructions on compiling and installing (README or INSTALL file)
- download "qt-creator-2.1.0-src.zip"
- follow instructions on compiling and installing (README file)
- continue working with the new version of qt creator
Lenghty process, though... About 3h on a Q9400+QuadroFX5500+etc.
EDIT: correcting links
thanks a million..lemme try this
kindly also lemme know if any extra settings are required..
Guest last edited by
Mmm... I think CentOS (or RHEL) ISO or DVD is to be kept close at all times. I have the RHEL one in ISO format right in the Desktop...
- I don't recall installing anything but the two Qt packages mentioned. I don't know if any of the packages I have installed is also required.
- There were no extra settings needed, just "./configure", "./make" and "./make install" for Qt 4.7.2 and "./qmake ../qtcreator.pro" and "make" for Qt Creator), although this depends on your specific system, project, other libraries used...
Will keep reading! :)
PS: the files are INSTALL for Qt 4.7.2 and README for Qt Creator 2.1.0
PPS: i don't recommend trying Qt Creator 2.2.0 as I couldn't compile it successfully...
Thanks a lot...I will install it and get back to you for giving many more thanks :-)