SIGSEGV Segmentation fault while loading QMediaPlaylist

• I am currently working on a music player.

At one point, I save an m3u playlist file:
    @moodPlaylist->save(QUrl::fromLocalFile(QFileInfo("moods/" + moodName + ".m3u").absoluteFilePath()), "m3u");@
    This works flawlessly. The m3u file is created. The line is bound to a button.

I then show the filenames in a QListWidget. On the clicked() slot, I try to load a playlist:
    @currentMoodPlaylist->load(QUrl::fromLocalFile(QFileInfo("moods/" + ui->moodList->currentItem()->text() + ".m3u").absoluteFilePath(), "m3u");@
    Because of this line, I get the Segmentation fault.

I understand that I try to access memory that somehow doesn't belong to my app. However, I don't quite understand where the problem is in my case...

• Hi,

How can one find out what's wrong looking at a line like
    @
    QFileInfo("moods/" + ui->moodList->currentItem()->text() + ".m3u").absoluteFilePath()
    @

So many pointers!

To debug such issues, first break this chain of calls. Assign each value to a variable. Find out which one causes the segfault. If you don't understand the reason this way then create a project that reproduces your issue and upload it somewhere. Post the link here.

• Thanks for your reply. I just did what you suggested:

@QString playlistName = ui->moodList->currentItem()->text();
    QString playlistPath = QFileInfo("moods/" + playlistName + ".m3u").absoluteFilePath();
    currentMoodPlaylist->load(QUrl::fromLocalFile(playlistPath), "m3u");
    @

The seg fault is still caused by the load() line.

However as it turns out, it doesn't even matter what I do, as soon as I reference the currentMoodPlaylist, I get a seg fault. For example I tried:
    @currentMoodPlaylist->clear();@
    (No pointers this time ;)). Same error. It is set like that in my mainwindow.h:
    @private:
    QMediaPlaylist *currentMoodPlaylist;@

• What do you mean by "set"? I just see a pointer there. Don't you instantiate a QMediaPlaylist object somewhere in your project, preferably in the constructor of the containing object?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.