Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QThread signals wont work

• Hi,

I calculating model and without about 16 threads Im post for few hours. My problem is that receiving function is not called.

My code
    @ QThread* thread = new QThread();

FaceWorker* worker = new FaceWorker(vertexs, i);
                                worker->moveToThread(thread);

connect(thread, &QThread::finished, worker, &FaceWorker::deleteLater);
                                connect(this, &Face::operate, worker, &FaceWorker::doWork);
                                connect(worker, &FaceWorker::resultReady, this, &Face::handleResults);

thread->start();@

handleResults is not called

@void Face::handleResults(int threadID)
    {
    qDebug() << "thread" << threadID << "has done its work";
    }@

@void FaceWorker::doWork()
    {
    qDebug() << "emiting results" << threadNumber;

emit resultReady( threadNumber);

}@
    This is called ok

@
    class Face : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    Face(QObject* parent = NULL);
    ~Face();

void optimalize();

public slots:
    void handleResults(int threadID);

signals:
    void operate();
    };

class FaceWorker : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    FaceWorker(int threadID, QObject* parent = NULL);
    ~FaceWorker();

private:

int threadNumber;

public slots:
    void doWork();

signals:
    void resultReady(int threadID);
    };@

Sorry for formatting.. iPad

Thanks for ideas and help

• Hi,

The code looks OK. If the debug message in doWork() is printed, than handleResults() should be called. But to be sure, you can check that the connections are really made:
    @
    if ( ! connect(...) )
    {
    //Houston, we have a problem!
    }
    @

What is the second parameter 'i' passed to the FaceWorker constructor? If i is the parent, this is not the right thing to do because you "can't":http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qobject.html#moveToThread move an object with a parent to another thread. I don't know whether this has anything to do with your problem.

• Connects were ok... I just made it another way, bit hacky but I didnt have time for solving it. Other connections were working like MainWindow, OpenGLWidget, etc.