Can I do this? Or is there a better way?

• I've written an QGLWidget desktop image display and enhancement tool using OpenGL shaders. I would like to webify it and use WebGL for the "enhancements". But because of the same domain issue (unless you play serious tricks with the browsers, they can't open a disk file from the same domain the html file is on), I need a server back end that can open the file and send pixels through a websocket transport mechanism. My viewer also works with non-WebGL native formats which use existing c++ libraries to read and get to the pixels. So I need the highest bandwidth binary blob transport that WebSockets can do.

Is QWebChannel the answer? Can I set up a bidirectional connection between a browser and my c++ server and send tiles of pixels to the browser client with high speed?

I've spent 2 days playing with the 5.4 Webchannel demos and haven't been able to get them to work - most likely due to the fact that I'm new to javascript and the web world.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.