[SOLVED] QFileSystemModel without mouse/keybaord

• Hello,

I’m very beginner in QT, and would like your advise…
    I need to develop very simple QT window which:

1. shows files list in specific (known) folder .
    2. enables to scroll between the files using signal/buttons from other application which enables: scroll up, scroll down, choose file for delete.
    3. it run in embeded system, without mouse/keyboard (only the signal/communication from other process)

Can you please advise as to:

1. what kind of graphic/component I should choose for viewing the files in folder
    2. Is it possible to do the selection with such signaling instead of keyboard/mouse. if yes – how?

Thank you!
    Ran

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

1. QListView + QFileSystemModel
    2. What do you mean by "other application" ? A service running ? Another part of the same application ?

• Hi!

I mean that there is another application aside from QT, which is a kind of service running, yes, and listens also to keypad buttons being pressed. What simple method do you suggest for communicating between these 2 process ?

Thank you,
    Ran

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You can use Qt's RPC classes like QLocaleServer/QLocalSocket or QSharedMemory.

• Hi,

Just one more on this please...
    The embedded system does not have mouse/keyboard....
    Does QFileSystemModel (with QFileView) Qwidget enable to select / mark chose file as a method, or should we explicitly send some event/signal ?
    Is the selected file will be highlighted (a file not a folder) , how ?

Thank you,
    Ran

• Lifetime Qt Champion

They have some and you have the QItemSelectionModel class that might help

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.