[SOLVED] QFileSystemModel without mouse/keybaord
I’m very beginner in QT, and would like your advise…
I need to develop very simple QT window which:
- shows files list in specific (known) folder .
- enables to scroll between the files using signal/buttons from other application which enables: scroll up, scroll down, choose file for delete.
- it run in embeded system, without mouse/keyboard (only the signal/communication from other process)
Can you please advise as to:
- what kind of graphic/component I should choose for viewing the files in folder
- Is it possible to do the selection with such signaling instead of keyboard/mouse. if yes – how?
- QListView + QFileSystemModel
- What do you mean by "other application" ? A service running ? Another part of the same application ?
I mean that there is another application aside from QT, which is a kind of service running, yes, and listens also to keypad buttons being pressed. What simple method do you suggest for communicating between these 2 process ?
You can use Qt's RPC classes like QLocaleServer/QLocalSocket or QSharedMemory.
Just one more on this please...
The embedded system does not have mouse/keyboard....
Does QFileSystemModel (with QFileView) Qwidget enable to select / mark chose file as a method, or should we explicitly send some event/signal ?
Is the selected file will be highlighted (a file not a folder) , how ?
They have some and you have the QItemSelectionModel class that might help