How to send an array of integers from QML to C++? Can anyone fix this code such that ...

• So I have a signal:

QML:
    @signal qmlSendWorkflowIdsArraySignal(variant workflowIdsArray)@

JS:
    @sendToCppWorkflowIdsArray(arrayOfWorkflowIds);@

C++:
    @QObject::connect(qmlMainContentItemObject, SIGNAL(qmlSendWorkflowIdsArraySignal(QVariant)), &myController, SLOT(qmlToCppWorkflowIdsArraySlot(QVariant)));@

then
    @void qmlToCppWorkflowIdsArraySlot(QVariant workflowIdsArray)
    {
    qDebug() << " +++++++++++++++ Cpp Array slot has been called: "<<workflowIdsArray;
    }@

*Output: *
    @+++++++++++++++ Cpp Array slot has been called:
    QVariant(QVariantList, (QVariant(QString, "2") , QVariant(QString, "3") , QVariant(QString, "4") ) )@

• How do I read this QVariantList inside QVariant, ie, lets say I want to read this first element of the array, that is QVariant(QString, "2"), then the other and the other. This looks very complicated like this.

• All I need is to pass an array of integers from QML to C++, so I can read this array.

• I dont want to use QVariant or a QVariantList, unless I have to as I see no other way to do it.

Anyone any suggestion? Any professionals out there??

Thank you !!!!

• I'm not sure I understand your question. I'd just use a QVariantList in your slot.

Also, using signals and slots to pass information is not the best idea. If it isn't an event, stick to using Q_INVOKABLE

• [quote author="sohail" date="1418664714"]I'm not sure I understand your question. I'd just use a QVariantList in your slot.

Also, using signals and slots to pass information is not the best idea. If it isn't an event, stick to using Q_INVOKABLE[/quote]

1. How do I use Q_Invokable from qml? I am using Q_invokable to invoke JS methods from C++, but not the other way around.

2. If I use QVariantList, need to use QVariantList on the Signal from QML. Here QML:
      @signal qmlSendWorkflowIdsArraySignal(variant workflowIdsArray)@

So basically I am sending workflowIdsArray, which I defined as type variant.
    What is the syntax in QML to define a signal such that my workflowIdsArray is of type QVariantList?

I have tried:
    @signal qmlSendWorkflowIdsArraySignal( QVariantList workflowIdsArray);@

But that is not a valid syntax.

• Moderators

Hi,

bq. How to send an array of integers from QML to C++?

Something like this:
    @
    //cpp
    Q_INVOKABLE void setList(QVariantList arr) {
    qDebug() << arr;
    }

//qml
    property var arr: [1,5,7]

Component.onCompleted: {
    obj.setList(arr) //obj=contextproperty object
    }
    @

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.