Ovi Publishing Fast Track

• Hi All,

I have just received an email about Ovi Publishing Fast Track for Qt ambassadors. It is really great and I am already planning to launch another simple free application in Ovi just to test it.

Although time is always important in my opinion the most difficult task is to increase the visibility of an application published to Ovi. Are you planning any activities to help Qt Ambassadors promote an app in Ovi?

Thanks,
    Leon

• Hi Leon,

The Ovi Store has their own promo materials that they distribute ( like banners and other stuff you can add to your blog / web site etc.)

You'll also be able to promote your Ovi Store app in the Qt Ambassador Showcase: In your Qt Project description you can add information and link to your app in Ovi Store.

Good luck with your next launch! :-)

• I got the same email.
    As i have an app in the publishing queue I wrote back and ask if they could help.
    After a couple of hours the answer was positive.
    Thank you for the quick response.

I am now curios to see if this really speed up the process

• [quote author="Marianne Granum" date="1302168461"]Hi Leon,
    The Ovi Store has their own promo materials that they distribute ( like banners and other stuff you can add to your blog / web site etc.)
    [/quote]

Hi Marianne,

I have used the tools for banners and they are really cool :) But placing a banner on my blog or personal web site doesn't really boost the downloads from Ovi Store :(

It will nice if applications of Qt Ambassadors are added to the featured local channels in certain regions. For example if an application is in Italian to be promoted for a week or two in Italy. Is this possible?

I would also enjoy if Ovi Daily App pays attention to Qt Ambassador Showcase. They have a lot of readers and they can attract attention to the applications of Qt Ambassadors :)

Thanks,
    Leon

• Hi Leon - Thanks for the suggestions. We will work with our colleagues at Ovi and see what we can do together to add more benefit to the program. Keep you posted.

• Thanks, Katherine! :) That would be really great.

• Hi guys, do updates get fast tracked also or only new apps? I've written to the e-mail address, but I didn't get a reply yet. :)

• @razvanpetru: Hi, the Fast Track is for apps that are in the Ovi publishing queue only: apps that are waitning to be publised for the first time. You can update the app on your own, I sent you an e-mail about how to update / edit your app on Friday. Did you not get it?

• Hi Marianne, yes I got the e-mail, thanks. It's just that publishing the update seems to take a while also and I thought it could be accelerated :P

• Oh okay, I'll try adding to the Fast Track and see if that speeds things up! :)

• Hi !

Hope this thread is right to post this, if not please forgive me.
    Recently I noticed that the mobile contest has been postponed to April 15, so I went ahead to finish my "mediadownloader":http://mediadownloader.cz.cc porting. For now it works only on N900.
    Now I would like to publish it on Ovi, but while registering it ask for VAT which I don't have. Since are a lot of months I am working on it and like Katherine says about "you can make some money off of publishing it in the Ovi Store" in an other thread :) I would like to ask
    could I register myself and publish the app on Ovi without a VAT ?
    Could I have my app on Ovi sold for 1 euro and participate the contest ?
    I know the rule to participate to the contest is also to publish to qt-apps/mobile contest. Is there a way to post my app for the contest without published yet on Ovi ?

thanks and regards
    Marco

• [quote author="marcoB" date="1302797190"]Hi !
    Recently I noticed that the mobile contest has been postponed to April 15, so I went ahead to finish my "mediadownloader":http://mediadownloader.cz.cc porting. For now it works only on N900.
    Now I would like to publish it on Ovi, but while registering it ask for VAT which I don't have. [/quote]

Hi Marco,

I have no idea about which contest are you talking about but yes, you can register as an Ovi publisher without VAT. You have to select that you are an individual developer and to provide an appropriate tax number depending on the rules and regulations of your country. I had the same problem and after a lot of research I found that for Bulgaria (where I live) I have to provide my personal civil ID.

Cheers,
    Leon

• Hi Leon,

thanks for your reply.
    The contest I meant is "this":http://meego-central.org/news/?id=340&PHPSESSID=729e342da5afd70f67417f90d0cd63a2

On http://info.publish.ovi.com/ there are 2 possibilities to register: corporate and personal
    I choose personal and tried to put in VAT field my tax code. I live in Italy and the only civil ID I have, doesn't work: the form tell me to fill in with "exactly 13 characters, without gaps." but mine is 16 characters.

regards
    Marco

• [quote author="marcoB" date="1302801230"]Hi Leon,

thanks for your reply.
    The contest I meant is "this":http://meego-central.org/news/?id=340&PHPSESSID=729e342da5afd70f67417f90d0cd63a2

On http://info.publish.ovi.com/ there are 2 possibilities to register: corporate and personal
    I choose personal and tried to put in VAT field my tax code. I live in Italy and the only civil ID I have, doesn't work: the form tell me to fill in with "exactly 13 characters, without gaps." but mine is 16 characters.

regards
    Marco[/quote]

Good luck in the competition!

Regarding the VAT: After a "quick search in wikipedia":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_added_tax_identification_number I guess you should enter Partita IVA (11 digits) with a prefix IT (for Italy) which will result in 13 characters without gap :) But as I said it is just a guess :)

Best regards,
    Leon

• bq. I guess you should enter Partita IVA

your guess is right and I just have not that :)
    To have that there are a lot of bureaucracy, effort, tax obligation and money ( italian philosophy :( ). Don't think it worth to have one for 1 little application.

thanks again
    Marco

• [quote author="marcoB" date="1302805302"]To have that there are a lot of bureaucracy, effort, tax obligation and money ( italian philosophy :( ). Don't think it worth to have one for 1 little application.
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear it :( I thought that bureaucracy in Bulgaria is awful but in this case seems that in Italy is even worse.

But Ovi is opening a global market and with the same tax id you will be able to register to other applications stores too!

Best regards,
    Leon

• Frank, from MeeGo-Central.org, told me that OVI Store is no longer a requirement for the contest. So I get hurry to make all necessary (I hope) steps to upload the package. I am just happy for this :)
    I made also a page: "here":http://mediadownloader.cz.cc/?p=153
    Meanwhile I asked around and seem that the rules to get a "Partita IVA" are gone better lately (less bureaucracy).

regards
    Marco

• Hi Marco,

Congratulations :) I do not own Nokia N900 so I will test it using Nokia RDA. Looking forward to see version for Symbian too ;) Btw why don't you port it to MeeGo netbooks?

Regards,
    Leon

P.S.
    Sorry for the offtopic :)

• bq. Sorry for the offtopic :)
    well its me that started the OT :)

I think it will compile without problems for MeeGo and the GUI will work also into a bigger screen. I didn't get in deep to develop for MeeGo yet, just tried to install it with QEMU and I also ardently waiting for WeTab to be availabe here :) (or maybe a Nokia tablet? )

regards
    Marco

• [quote author="marcoB" date="1302873005"] I didn't get in deep to develop for MeeGo yet, just tried to install it with QEMU and I also ardently waiting for WeTab to be availabe here :) (or maybe a Nokia tablet? )[/quote]

MeeGo is compatible with "variety of netbooks with Intel Atom processors":http://meego.com/devices/netbook/supported-hardware-platforms so you can try it on them. Please note that MeeGo uses rpm for installation packages, not deb as Maemo.

Best regards and sorry again for the offtopic but I am so keen on MeeGo at the moment :) ,
    Leon

• i hope to get Ovi Publishing Fast Track

• Darn, was I living under a rock all these days? I didn't know about this. How exactly do I fast-track an app that's in the queue (as a Qt ambassador)? Do I have to tick anything during the publish process?

• [quote author="roopeshchander" date="1333598717"]Darn, was I living under a rock all these days? I didn't know about this. How exactly do I fast-track an app that's in the queue (as a Qt ambassador)? Do I have to tick anything during the publish process?[/quote]

Just send an e-mail to Qt Ambassador with subject Ovi Publishing Fast Track and describe in its content the Ovi Item name and Ovi Content ID of your app.

• [quote author="leon.anavi" date="1333608570"]
    Just send an e-mail to Qt Ambassador
    [/quote]

Thanks so much. Just sent a mail.

• [quote author="roopeshchander" date="1333611862"]
    [quote author="leon.anavi" date="1333608570"]
    Just send an e-mail to Qt Ambassador
    [/quote]

Thanks so much. Just sent a mail.
    [/quote]

You are welcome! Good luck with Nokia Store QA :)

• Moderators

I published my first app for the Nokia N9 to the Nokia store today.

Can anyone tell me how long the fast track takes?

• Time frame varies but you should expect QA results in less than a week. Good luck :)

• Moderators

Thanks Leon

Within one week is realy fast :-))

• AFAIK, you have to inform someone (I had informed Marianne for my application) to add your submission to the fast track (I mean: AFAIK it does not happen automatically).

• [quote author="Stavros" date="1340006578"]AFAIK, you have to inform someone (I had informed Marianne for my application) to add your submission to the fast track (I mean: AFAIK it does not happen automatically).[/quote]

Eddy, you have sent an e-mail to Qt Ambassador team about your new app already, haven't you?

• Moderators

Yes, I did, thanks to your previous explanation. (I've read the whole topic from the first post ... ;-)

I got an answer from Mariannes mailbox saying to contact Knut Yrving. So I sent the mail to him directly.

Thanks for the concern.

• Moderators

FYI

The fast track was supersonic fast in my case. It took only a little more than a day to get an answer. Unfortunately I had an installation issue so it didn't pass QA yet.

• After long time I used the Qt Ambassador Fast Track again. I spent several days to develop the initial release of my new open-source MoGateway (email to SMS gateway app for MeeGo/Symbian) and I submitted it to Nokia QA. Now I'll keep my fingers crossed until MoGateway passes validation :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.