How to rename iPhone application data folder

• This is somewhat irritating. When I launch my iPhone application with Qt 5.4, either Qt 5.4 or Apple (not sure which) decided to name the local data folder:

@../Library/Application Support@

Yea. Thats a good idea. Put spaces in the path because writing parsers isn't already difficult enough! How can I rename "Application Support" to something else (how about Application_Support or AppData or just about anything else without a space in it!? Qt 5.3 didn't do this, so I am looking at you Qt 5.4!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That's the standard OS X, iOS path for local data.

What did you have before and how did you retrieve it ?

• It was retrieved the same way in Qt 5.3. I don't have a problem with the ios's path construction except when a folder name has a space in it. A space is a very common delimiter to parse commands with. I know in Qt 5.3, the data folder wasn't "Application Support". It was something like "AppData". I would need to spend a half hour switching branches to recompile my 5.3 version to give the exact name. But this is definitely the culprit

I will just fix my parser to deal with the space. I'm just whining. ;)

• I ended up doing some further look into the QStandardPaths and found:

@QStandardPaths::DocumentsLocation@

to be a more path friendly location to put my content. Technically, what I'm storing is documents. So it fits within my design concept.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Indeed, QStandardPaths is the best way to store your various content on the right place across platforms

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.