Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct -

Creator: How to analyze parsing fail?

  • Sometimes, Creator just doesn't want to parse a certain symbol. I create a variable of a know type, and I do not get anything from the parser - the variable is not highlighted where it is used, typing . or -> after the symbol name does not yield a list of useful things to call.

    @CTsco_GraphicsLinePlot* pPlot = new CTsco_GraphicsLinePlot();
    pPlot->// no parser help here!@

    My standard procedure in those cases is

    • Is the type recognized? Are the proper headers included?
    • Does it compile? Do I get any warnings?
    • Update code model (from Tools->C++)
    • Restart Creator

    It's enough in 90 % of cases. But how can I further investigate the problem in the remaining 10 %?

Log in to reply