Singleton signal c++ qml example

• It would be great if someone could give me an example of a working C++ singleton class with signals? and in qml a on...signal catch.

Idid register my singleton in the main() but it seems as I forgot something.
    whilw running i get the message "Cannot assign to non-existent property "myApi""

• Moderators

Hi,

With register I guess you mean using qmlRegisterType. So once you register the C++ type, from QML you can instantiate that C++ type in QML and access those signals using their respective handlers. For eg If you have a signal mySignal() in C++ the corresponding handler that Qt automatically provides in QML is onMySignal.
    Is this what you wanted to do ? Probably it would be better if you show some code.

• It was a miss spelling .. It works but there is no automatic code completion.
    There is a red line under the import statement and the message
    "QML module not found"

• Moderators

How did you import ? and how did you register ?

• I use the example code from Qt.. but I wrote myApi instead of MyApi
    but there is still a red line underneath the
    @
    import Qt.example.qobjectSingleton 1.0
    @
    statement

Usage:
    // first, define your QObject which provides the functionality.
    @
    class SingletonTypeExample : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_PROPERTY (int someProperty READ someProperty WRITE setSomeProperty NOTIFY somePropertyChanged)

public:
    SingletonTypeExample(QObject* parent = 0)
    : QObject(parent), m_someProperty(0)
    {
    }

~SingletonTypeExample() {}

Q_INVOKABLE int doSomething() { setSomeProperty(5); return m_someProperty; }

int someProperty() const { return m_someProperty; }
    void setSomeProperty(int val) { m_someProperty = val; emit somePropertyChanged(val); }

signals:
    void somePropertyChanged(int newValue);

private:
    int m_someProperty;
    };

// second, define the singleton type provider function (callback).
    static QObject *example_qobject_singletontype_provider(QQmlEngine *engine, QJSEngine *scriptEngine)
    {
    Q_UNUSED(engine)
    Q_UNUSED(scriptEngine)

SingletonTypeExample *example = new SingletonTypeExample();
    return example;

}
    @
    // third, register the singleton type provider with QML by calling this function in an initialization function.
    @
    qmlRegisterSingletonType<SingletonTypeExample>("Qt.example.qobjectSingleton", 1, 0, "MyApi", example_qobject_singletontype_provider);
    @
    In order to use the registered singleton type in QML, you must import the singleton type.
    @
    import QtQuick 2.0
    Item {
    id: root
    property int someValue: MyApi.someProperty

Component.onCompleted: {
        someValue = MyApi.doSomething()
    }

}
    @
    Since singleton types do not have an associated QQmlContext object, then within the functions of a QObject-derived type that is registered as a singleton type implementation the QML context and engine information is not available. The QQmlEngine::contextForObject() function returns NULL when supplied with a pointer to an QObject that implements a singleton type.

• @
    #include <QtQml>
    #include "singletontypeexample.h"

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
    {
    qmlRegisterSingletonType<SingletonTypeExample>("Qt.example.qobjectSingleton", 1, 0, "MyApi", example_qobject_singletontype_provider);

@

• Moderators

Instead of
    @
    @

try
    @
    import Qt.example.qobjectSingleton 1.0 as ExampleApi
    property int someValue: ExampleApi.MyApi.someProperty
    @

From the docs.

• Yes I can access the value .. "ExampleApi.MyApi.someProperty" there is no error message
    But still a red line underneath the Import statement and no code completion

is this maybe normal on Qt if I use pointers ?

• Moderators

This could be the parsing problems in QtCreator. Try restarting the QtCreator.

• Hello.

I have exact the same problem.

At this time i have create a QtQuick Plugin project and register my singletontype in this project. In my other project i have add QML_IMPORT_PATH = PathToMyQtQuickPlugin and now i have no red line underneath the import statement in QML but i have no code completion.

When i run the project all works fine.

I am a little bit confused.

Have anybody a solution?

Thanks.

• Hello.

I have exact the same problem.

At this time i have create a QtQuick Plugin project and register my singletontype in this project. In my other project i have add QML_IMPORT_PATH = PathToMyQtQuickPlugin and now i have no red line underneath the import statement in QML but i have no code completion.

When i run the project all works fine.

I am a little bit confused.

Have anybody a solution?

Thanks.

• I still have no solution. A restart of Qt did not solve the problem

• I still have no solution. A restart of Qt did not solve the problem

• Hello.

I have seen the following video from Qt Developer Days 2013 about Qt Quick Controls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLLIYysXsj8

In this Video shows Jens Bache-Wiig live coding with Qt Quick Controls and bind controls to a c++ class. This c++ class has he registered as singleton and he has the same problem. He has no auto complete in Qt Creator.

I think at this time, we must life with this problem. I hope that this feature comes in Qt Creator in a future release.

@xenotrax: Thanks for reply.

• Hello.

I have seen the following video from Qt Developer Days 2013 about Qt Quick Controls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLLIYysXsj8

In this Video shows Jens Bache-Wiig live coding with Qt Quick Controls and bind controls to a c++ class. This c++ class has he registered as singleton and he has the same problem. He has no auto complete in Qt Creator.

I think at this time, we must life with this problem. I hope that this feature comes in Qt Creator in a future release.

@xenotrax: Thanks for reply.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.