Linking of libQtWebKit fails because of missing -lX11 argument

• Hi there,

I'm trying to set up my development environment for Linux X11 & embedded (BeagleBone Black) targets.
    I was able to build Qt everywhere for embedded perfectly fine, but having issues with the build for Linux / X11.

I downloaded and un-zipped qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.6.tar.gz and used the following commands to start the build:
    @
    ./configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -prefix /opt/qt-test -no-accessibility -qt-mouse-pc -qt-mouse-linuxtp -qt-mouse-linuxinput -plugin-mouse-linuxtp -plugin-mouse-pc -no-qt3support
    make -j 2
    @

make fails when trying to link libQtWebKit with several X11-related undefined references. E.g.:
    @
    ../../WebCore/release/libwebcore.a(PluginPackageQt.o): In function WebCore::initializeGtk(QLibrary*)': PluginPackageQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL13initializeGtkEP8QLibrary+0x24): undefined reference toXSetErrorHandler'
    PluginPackageQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL13initializeGtkEP8QLibrary+0x2e): undefined reference to XSetIOErrorHandler' PluginPackageQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL13initializeGtkEP8QLibrary+0x3f): undefined reference toXSetErrorHandler'
    PluginPackageQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL13initializeGtkEP8QLibrary+0x47): undefined reference to XSetIOErrorHandler' ../../WebCore/release/libwebcore.a(PluginViewQt.o): In functionWebCore::getVisualAndColormap(int, Visual**, unsigned long*)':
    PluginViewQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL20getVisualAndColormapEiPP6VisualPm+0x70): undefined reference to XGetVisualInfo' PluginViewQt.cpp:(.text._ZN7WebCoreL20getVisualAndColormapEiPP6VisualPm+0x8c): undefined reference toXFree'
    @

Looking at the make output, it seems that the X11 libraries are not listed in the g++ command line. I would expect a -lX11 argument, which is mssing.
    I validated that adding -lX11 to the g++ command line allows me to link libQtWebKit properly.

Question: Which .conf or .pro file do I need to modify to ensure that -lX11 is added for WebKit?

I tried a LIBS += $$QMAKE_LIBS_X11 in ./src/3rdparty/webkit/Source/WebKit/qt/QtWebKit.pro, but that didn't solve it.
    Maybe that's the wrong place anyway.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Christian

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.