Can I install Qt WebKit for iOS somehow?

• I realize that app made with it won't be accepted to Apple App Store, I just want to prototype with the web content in a page. I tried Qt WebKit, but unfortunately it exposes pretty much nothing so I can't for example disable top-bottom of page bouncing, nor can I supply HTML using just a string.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

No you can't, one of Apple's App Store rule is that you can't use another version of webkit that the one provided by Apple.

Did you mean you tried "QtWebView":https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwebview/ ?

If it doesn't expose enough you'll have to write some native code

• I am just playing with the UI prototyping, so don't care that much about App Store rules - going to try things locally only.

Yes, I have tried QtWebView and accessing it's native internals could be good enough for me, finding an easy way for it is, however, somewhat beyond me. Advices are very welcome.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Even if you do, there's no sense trying to port QtWebKit on a platform where you won't be able to use it.

You can re-use the iOS version in your code and modify it to suite your needs

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.