Displaying data from object selected od QListWidget

• I have a class T with some data and QString NAME. I keep T class objects in a QList<T>.
    First thing I want to do is to print all of the list items by its NAME using QListWidget and its function addItem (using foreach). I believe this solution is not that bad but problem is for my next goal:* I want to print (in other widget) some stored data for T object cliked on that QListWidget*. My first idea is to go through that QList<T> again (using foreach) and compare selected string (from QListWidget) with NAME string fetched one by one from QList<T>. I believe there's the right way because my sounds very bad!

I have Qt version 4.8.5 and I'm not familiar with QListView etc.

• Hi,

I would use std::map instead of QList and use the find function

@
    map<NAME, T> mList;
    T t1, t2, t3;
    t1.setName("T1");
    t2.setName("T2");
    t3.setName("T3");

mList[t1.name()] = t1;
    mList[t2.name()] = t2;
    mList[t3.name()] = t3;

// instead of t2.name() use the Name of the selecteditem.
    T listItem = mList.find(t2.name())->second;
    @

Hope that helps.

• Ok thanks but why there is no pure Qt solution? I mean there's std::map used instead of QMap (I see there is no setName() in Qt)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Since you didn't share any code, sw0ce used setName as a mean to update the name variable from your class T. It's nothing Qt specific. However you are right about QMap, it would make more sense.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.