Creating an online installer

• Hi,

I am trying to create an online installer using the Qt Installer Framework, and followed the instructions. My offline installer works perfectly, and I succesfully generated a package repository and put it on my webserver using FTP.

Using a browser, I can reach the Updates.xml file without problems, but the installer fails saying "server replied: Not Acceptable" and the URL to the Updates.xml file that it tried to use. That exact URL works perfectly in the browser.

I have no clue how I can get this to work. I am also unable to find a forum post or something with the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I am using the prebuilt QtIFW-1.5.0 in windows 8.1.

Greetings,
    JeDi

• I tried using ftp, which takes a lot longer but then the same error occurs. I did some more research, and other issues with the same error had to do with the user agent that was not set.

I am using a shared host (hostmonster) for my package files. Could that be the problem. Do I have any influence on the user agent that is used by the installer framework?

Greetings,
    JeDi

• I tried using ftp, which takes a lot longer but then the same error occurs. I did some more research, and other issues with the same error had to do with the user agent that was not set.

I am using a shared host (hostmonster) for my package files. Could that be the problem. Do I have any influence on the user agent that is used by the installer framework?

Greetings,
    JeDi

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.