Setting layers of QPixmaps on a QGraphicsItem?

• I have this code:

@QBrush newbrush;

newbrush.setTexture((QPixmap(":/pics/background.png")).scaled(50,50,Qt::KeepAspectRatio, Qt::FastTransformation));

painter->setBrush(newbrush);

painter->drawPixmap(0,0,(QPixmap(":/pics/character.png")).scaled(50,50,Qt::KeepAspectRatio, Qt::FastTransformation));

painter->drawRoundedRect(0,0,50,50,5,5);@

It's messy, yes, but this is just testing around. So basically that's in a private function of a QGraphicsItem that displays a rectangle. Ideally I would like to have the newbrush as a background texture and then add the other pixmap on top of the background, to make it look like I have a character on top of a texture. This works to some degree only. When I run that code, it draws the newbrush but not the character. When I set lines 3 and 5 into comments, it draws the character. So this makes me think that it draws the character under the background. How can I make it so that background is drawn on to the rectangle and then the character is drawn on top of the background?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.