Qt Sql Join question

• Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this question has been answered already. I believe there are more then one way to approach this problem. I have a database I have a table for cities and a table for country. This is a one to many relationship. I have country setup like this model->setRelation(3, QSqlRelation("country", "id", "name"));. That works wonderful. But I want to have another column in my model that is for city. I only want to return the cities that are in Germany and not all cites. Could I use a proxy model for this? Could I query the database and return all cities that are in Germany? Summerfield queries the database for this. Could you use a join? Could you overload the data and set data methods for QtSql.QSqlRelationalTableModel? I am looking for the least resistance method. I believe that there could be more then one way to solve this problem. I am unsure of the best way to approach this problem?

Also what if there was a one to one relationship how would you do it in this case, because it doesn't make sense to have a combobox with only one value in it? Could you use set data method? How would that look?

Thank you,
    Luke

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.