Your program has stopped running... oh really??

• I'm slowly making progress coming up to speed with Qt and Creator... but I've now run into the inobvious - the above error message. How do I get more details about why or where it's stopped running? Of note: when I d a ctrl-shft-B to build the app and then ctrl-R to run it I get the above message. But when I select from the Build menu Debug, it seems to run just fine. Does anyone know what's the difference btwn the two environments? And when I look at the help for Debug, I see statements like: Creator does not include a debugger, but will connect to gdb or cdb. I'm developing on W7, and installed the Nokia SDK. Did I install either in the install process? It would be nice to do a step by step execution of the pgm - would like to verify the values being calculated are reasonable - I've seen allusions in the doc to the ability to do such, but no specific details as to how. As I said, I'm very new to Creator and Qt, ie, this is my first app... where do I turn for more information?

many thanks - greg

• When you debuging (F5) you may use some debug-stuff, such as breakpoints, watches, etc...
    When you run you app (Ctrl+R) you can't use this.

Creator using Mingw32 under Windows, and gdb as debugger, If you want you can use Visual Studio with it's debugger. (download Visual Studio add-in)

• [quote author="IrQX" date="1281067792"]...
    Creator using Mingw32 under Windows, and gdb as debugger, If you want you can use Visual Studio with it's debugger. (download Visual Studio add-in)[/quote]

For the sake of completeness: Qt Creator can also debug binaries compiled with the Microsoft compiler, so one does not "need" VS for debugging.

• You could still consider it. CDB is pretty slow when you have debugging helpers enabled...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.