QToolButton Arrow is behind text in Instant popup mode. Can I get rid of it?

• I am using a QToolButton on a toolbar to bring up a menu.

According to the documentation, if you use ToolButtonPopupMode::MenuButtonPopup it shows an arrow. I discovered that the arrow must be clicked in order to actually show the menu. I didn't want that so I used ToolButtonPopupMode::Instant instead.

However, the arrow is still there. Only now it is just to the right of the text in the place a period would be if I put it after the text... except that the part of the arrow stretches behind the text. I don't mind an arrow showing where it was with MenuButtonPopup but I do not want to have to click the arrow in order for the menu to show. And I CERTAINLY don't want it at the bottom of the button where it is half covered up by the text.

Can I make the arrow disappear/Get rid of the arrow entirely and still have it be a menu button?

• I use something like that:

@
    // remove when issue 210047 from Trolltech Task Tracker will be solved
    class ToolButtonWorkarounded : public QToolButton
    {
    public:
    ToolButtonWorkarounded( QWidget* _parent = 0 );

protected:
    void paintEvent( QPaintEvent* _paintEvent );
    }; // class ToolButtonWorkarounded

ToolButtonWorkarounded::ToolButtonWorkarounded( QWidget* _parent )
    : QToolButton( _parent )
    {
    } // ToolButtonWorkarounded::ToolButtonWorkarounded

void
    ToolButtonWorkarounded::paintEvent( QPaintEvent* _paintEvent )
    {
    QStyleOptionToolButton styleOption;
    QToolButton::initStyleOption( &styleOption );
    styleOption.features &= ~QStyleOptionToolButton::HasMenu;

QPainter painter( this );
    style()->drawComplexControl( QStyle::CC_ToolButton, &styleOption, &painter, this );
    } // ToolButtonWorkarounded::paintEvent
    @

• Thanks! That worked great. How do I get to the Trolltech task tracker to find that issue?

• It's so old that I don't think it would ever be fixed. It was reported using previous bugs database, now it's QTBUG-2036.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.