Write a driver for my board

• Hi guys:
    I have a board which is AM335x starter kit. Now i want to let my Qt program can access the UART function on the board(maybe it's a register), how should i do??Currently, i only know how to build a module(driver), i don't know how to make this driver can be used by my Qt program...., i haven't had the experience with this before, i need ur help, thanks in advance.(And I have a simple linux kernel on my board.)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

If your UART shows as a serial device in /dev you should be able to use QSerialPort with it

• Yes......, but that's not I want. Because that is based on the driver other people provided(eg. FTDI...), I want to wrote my own driver. The chip on the board have pins for UART, i don't want to add more hardware chip(FTDI chip) on it, I want to use it's UART register directly. So i need to write my own driver...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

QSerialPort is not based on the FTDI libraries. You can use it for built-in serial ports as well as FTDI version.

Anyway, if you want to write a driver by hand for your UART, you're on the wrong forum, you should rather go to one dedicated to the AM335x kit you are using.

• Uh.....yes, I knew QSerialPort is not based on the FTDI libraries, maybe my illustration confused you, I have asked there, the TI employee only replied that I should did it by myself, he couldn't provide any support............, i guess someone have experience for this here. And why i asked this here, because finally the GUI application is based on Qt library.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

The GUI might be, but still, driver writing is outside the scope of this forum

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.