Moved XCode to another disk, now Qt can't build my project

• First, I updated XCode to version 6, and that broke because Qt does not work with XCode 6.
    I then uninstalled and reinstalled XCode 5. But still, something about the Qt setup is looking for XCode
    file at its old location. Qmake creates a Makefile that references folders at the old XCode location.
    Has anyone seen this? Thanks.

• More data: I created a brand new user and the problem is gone. So I suspect this has to do with data that Qt keeps for each user. Where is this data? Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Qt can work with Xcode 6, the current "problem" is that Xcode 6 doesn't provide the 10.8 SDK that was used to build the Qt packages. So you can either copy the SDK from 5.1.1 over to 6 or rebuild Qt.

• Thanks @SGaist. I'll try that.

In the meantime I found the source of the reference to my old XCode location.
    It was stored somewhere in ~/.config/QtProject. Deleting that folder got me
    back in good shape. There does not appear to be any place in the UI where one can control those settings. Maybe I missed it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

No you didn't because there are none AFAIK. Also, until now generally (AFAIR) Xcode provided the current SDK and the prior versions where available for download

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.