Advice on subclassing QAbstractItemModel

• Hi,

I have a data structure representing a processing pipeline, similar e.g. to the pipeline defined in the ITK library: process objects contains data objects as outputs which could then be referenced as inputs for another process object, etc.

I am considering the QAbstractItemModel interface to benefits the model/view tools of Qt but I don't find a "good" way to index the objects of my pipeline. The way I see it is to index both the process and the data objects (and use the flags to specialize the options into the model): the QModelIndex corresponding to a process object would have children, each one corresponding to one of its outputs, and the QModelIndex of a data object would have children, each one corresponding to one of its "followers" (a process object referencing it as an input).

The problem is that if a given process object has multiple inputs its QModelIndex would have multiple QModelIndex as parent, which looks not possible if I understand the documentation(?)

Did anyone try to subclass QAbstractItemModel like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.