Platform plugins for X11?
i could need some help to better understand the platform concept (eglfs, xcb) regarding the raspberry pi.
I crosscompiled Qt5.3 on my linux debian desktop and i use QtCreator to write QML code and deploy it to my raspberry.
I already searched the forum and find many good hints, but it's still not clear.
A program that runs on the rpi, but the gui is shown on my Win7 desktop computer.
-> I want to use QML quick 2.0 and quick.controls
-> I was thinking about a putty ssh / X11 connection and XMing
My available platform plugins after compiling qt5 for the raspberry:
- The eglfs plugin doesn't support X11, right?
- Does XCB support X11?
- If (2) is true, then where do i get the xcb plugin for my raspberry?
- Are there binaries for raspbian/wheezy? Where?
- Can i compile it myself? How? I followed the following guide to crosscompile qt5: http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi_Beginners_guide
- Is there another plugin that is better suited for my goal than the xcb plugin?
Thanks for your help,
Anybody who knows about this topic?
- It's not a "support" question, X11 and eglfs are two different things
- XCB is the plugin to talk with X11
- Check if there's a Qt 5 package for raspbian, if not you'll have to build it yourself. To do so you'll have to provide the ARM version of the plugin's dependencies.
- If you want to run X11, AFAIK, no
Hope it helps
bq. Hope it helps
yea, gets clearer. I have a few follow up questions, though.
I already compiled qt5 for raspbian and it works fine.
But i didn't get the XCB plugin after compilation.
Is XCB part of the qt5 source code? I can't find it there. :-(
Do i have to compile it the same way like other qt5 modules, e.g. "qtdeclarative": -> qmake, make, make install
- No xcb is part of X11
- It's not a module, it's a plugin, but AFAIK, yes (however haven't tested it for the platform plugins specifically)