How to include QtFtp to qt 5.3.1 in opensuse?

• Hello,
    I need to make small project using ftp functionality. I saw "here":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/sourcebreaks.html#changes-to-qt-networkto , that
    @The QFtp, QUrlInfo, QHttp classes are not public anymore. Use QNetworkAccessManager instead to avoid binary breaks in the future. Programs that require raw FTP/HTTP streams, can use the compatibility add-ons QtFtp and QtHttp which provides the QFtp and QHttp classes as they existed in Qt 4@

so apparently I need to add QtFtp, and here is my question how to do it step by step ?

right now after adding
    @QT += ftp@
    I get:
    "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: ftp"

I searched the net but only thing I can see was advices to use QNetworkAccessManager or post about QFtp.

• Moderators

Download QFtp source code hrom here: "link":https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtftp/source/4e4e73f1007a12a5ab1e035a5ba696d5c07c0e1a:

Then open the readme and follow the instructions.

• bq. Before building, you'll need to generate them manually by running the syncqt Perl script.

how to achieve this ?

the location of my @syncqt.pl@ is @/home/vla/Qt/5.3/gcc_64/bin @

the location of the downloaded source is in downolads folder, so I go in linux shell there by cd. Here I show hom my shell look like

what I provide
    @vla@SW3:~/Downloads/qt-qtftp> perl /home/vla/Qt/5.3/gcc_64/bin/syncqt.pl@
    and output
    @
    <srcbase> = /home/vla/Downloads/qt-qtftp <outbase> = /home/vla/Downloads/qt-qtftp Cannot determine Qt/Module version. Usvla@SW3:~/Downloads/qt-qtftp> perl /home/vla/Qt/5.3/gcc_64/bin/syncqt.pl <srcbase> = /home/vla/Downloads/qt-qtftp <outbase> = /home/vla/Downloads/qt-qtftp Cannot determine Qt/Module version. Use -version.e -version.
    @

• Moderators

I think you need to download the whole Qt source code, add QFtp there as one of the modules (copy the directory), then run configure, make, (optionally) make install as usual.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.