USB Mouse

• Hey,
    I am using Qt application on TI's DaVinci TMS320DM6446 board.
    I need USB mouse to control my application.

I have enabled all options related to USB mouse in make menuconfig. Also the usb mouse is working when we check it in /dev/input/mice on our target board.

But on actual application, the USB mouse is not working. Pointer is visible. I am using Logitech USB Mouse, so which is the "driver" option for Logitech Mouse in command

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=driver:/dev/input/mice

Do I have to insert closeMouse(),openMouse () functions ?

Does Qt support only for PS2 mouse ?

Thanks in advance.

• Have you checked that device is present in "/dev" folder? You can test the device in a console with "od /dev/yourdevice". If there is no output, you have the wrong device!

• We checked the USB Mouse with command
    "cat /dev/input/mice" on our target board.
    And it's working.

• bq. export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=driver:/dev/input/mice

Which driver have selected? This drivers are included: IntelliMouse, Microsoft, VR41xx, LinuxTP, Yopy, Tslib.

• We tried with MouseMan....Because it is related with Logitech....

But that didn't work.

Thanks.

• Why you didn't try all? Maybe another one works!?!? I'm always try all, why not!

• Yes, I tried, same result with all.

• Did you try without setting QWS_MOUSE_PROTO? So qws tries its default devices?

• Yes, I did it too.

And also I tried for QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=Auto:/dev/driver/mice
    In that sense it's not trying for default devices.
    Thanks..

• Is there anyone who knows if there is anyway to interface to a HID device (e.g. mouse, keyboard) via Qt in Windows?
    THANKS

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should rather open a new thread with your question rather than dig old unrelated thread, you'll have more chance to have an answer.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.